Chartered 1992
 
Club Bulletin for December 15/17, 2022 - Stories by Amos Meyers
Meetings & Speakers
Feb 09, 2023 7:00 AM
Hear first hand how our RYLA students benefitted and enjoyed the experience!
Feb 16, 2023 7:00 AM
Our District Grants Chair tells us about Rotary Foundation help from D5500 for service projects.
Feb 23, 2023 7:00 AM
Come help & have fun with a service project arranged by the Club Community Service Committee!
Mar 02, 2023 7:00 AM
The founder of Pawsitive Friendships tells us about this animal assisted therapy organization.
Mar 09, 2023 7:00 AM
Oro Valley Police Department
Mar 16, 2023 7:00 AM
Come help & have fun with a service project arranged by the Club Community Service Committee!
Mar 30, 2023
View entire list
Advertisement for Russell Hampton
Advertisement for ClubRunner
Advertisement for ClubRunner Mobile
Meeting Speaker Spotlight
 
 The speaker for the club meeting was Cameron Lewis, Chief Administration Officer for Oro Valley Hospital. The Oro Valley Hospital is part of the Northwest Healthcare group. Below are bullet points for some of the items Cameron shared in his presentation.
 
 
Service enhancements in 2021 for Oro Valley Hospital (OVH):
  • Expansion of telehealth for inpatients and out patients
  • Family Medicine & Internal Medicine Residency Program
  • New MRI at OVH
  • Women’s Imaging and Physical Therapy Expansions
Other points:
  • OVH now has 177 patient beds.
  • Based on the number of knee, hip, and joint replacements, OVH is sometimes kiddingly referred to as “Ortho Valley Hospital”.
  • An affiliated rehab facility and in house skilled nursing program have been started to provide a better level of continuous care.
  • Northwest Health care has expanded with an 18 bed neighborhood hospital in Sahuarita and a 52 bed facility at Houghton. These provide a basic care, plus access to the entire NWH system.
  • The use of robotics in the OR is an area in which they are looking to expand above their current use; which is high, especially in orthopedic procedures.
  • In response to questions about recent trends in medical professionals, Cameron indicated they are working to maintain levels of nursing staff by using “visiting nurses” contracted from other areas. Also, he indicated that currently at OVH about 60% of the doctors have privileges there and the other 40% are on staff at the hospital.
Holiday Gifts for Children
 
Thursday's meeting included another of our Community Service Projects, the Holiday Gifts for Children collection day. The table was laden with gifts donated by members. Stacey F. also distributed pictures of pallets of toys purchased earlier for distribution at the holidays. Thanks and “good job” to all!
Wreaths Across America
 
On Saturday, Dec 17, ten volunteers represented our club at the Wreaths Across America project at the Arizona Veterans' Memorial Cemetery at Marana. The Rotary clubs of the region joined with hundreds of others volunteers representing veterans’ families, veterans’ groups and auxiliaries, scouts, and community members honoring our veterans interred at the cemetary. After a program of remembrance the families and volunteers went to lay wreaths, remembering family members and to honor and remember all the veterans.
 
President Steve and
Barbara H. laying wreaths
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Say their names
and remember
their service”
Volunteers continue to work 
 
Gerry Mc. honors
a fellow veteran
 
Please add mailservice@clubrunner.ca to your safe sender list or address book.
To view our privacy policy, click here.
 
ClubRunner
102-2060 Winston Park Drive, Oakville, ON, L6H 5R7